Browse by Category
- Special Offers
- New Products
- Chassis & Crash Structures
- Corrosion Inhibitors & Lubricant
- Exterior & Bodywork
- Electrically Operated Parts
- Windscreen Wipers & Washers
- Interior Trim
- Brake System & Ancillaries
- Cylinder Head & Ancillaries
- Engine & Components
- Engine Management & Sensors
- Security & Alarm System
- Gearbox & Drivetrain
- Induction Intake System
- Exhaust System
- Ignition System
- Fuel System
- Heating & Ventilation
- Track + Performance
- Steering + Suspension
- Wheels and Tyres
- Service and Maintenance
- Left Hand Drive Parts
- Genuine Lotus Parts
GT Race Front Uprights
Race Specification GT Uprights.
An absolute necessity for Race and Track use cars especially if running lower than standard ride height and sticky compound tyres.
The complete unit can be supplied pre-assembled and can include a new BEARING pack with speed / ABS sensors if required and our special High Tensile Cap Head bolts.
Eliseparts have been manufacturing billet uprights for over 15 years and in this time we have developed and improved the design with the help of Lotus Motorsport .
Many hundreds of hours of testing has been spent on both ours and other race vehicles including several successful entries in the Silverstone 24hr British GP.
Our GT uprights are installed and raced on over 200 Lotus race and track cars throughout the world.
This latest design is the ultimate upright for the Race Track modified MK2 Elise and Exige as we have improved overall stiffness yet managed to save over 200 grams in weight.
These GT Uprights address several weak points the steel Original uprights suffer from and allow lower suspension settings without going too wild for road use.
The centre hub has been repositioned 40mm higher thus allowing up to a 40mm drop in ride height without any change in wishbone angle.
This is VERY significant as it keeps the correct wishbone angles and greatly improves low ride height stability.
For example if you want your vehicle to run at 100mm ride height, this will need a 40mm drop which will change the wishbone angle by up to 6 degrees, whereas with these uprights that angle will not change at all for the same ride height.
The hub upright itself has been also been designed to facilitate 2.5 degrees more camber than the OE allows.
You will notice a vast difference in the handling characteristics and your car will be greatly improved with this relatively simple change.
Several companies have tried to emulate these but none offer all of the advantages and simplicity of ours especially at the price.
1. Black HARD Anodised 7075 T6 aircraft specification aluminium dissipates heat better so increases lifespan.
2. Accepts the AP 4 Pot caliper OR the original 2 Pot calipers without the need for a heavy adaptor.
3. Bump Steer adjustment is much easier and more accurate.
4. Specifically designed and machined for more camber adjustment than OE.
5. CNC machined from 7075 alloy, stronger, yet no heavier than OE steel version.
6. Hard Black Anodised to resist corrosion and wear.
7. Drilled M10 at 130mm centres to accept AP 4 Pot Brake calipers or the original 2 Pot fronts.
8. Will accept larger front Discs and Brake pads.
9. Supplied with 6 x specially manufactured High Tensile steel cap head bolts
Supplied in pairs (2 HUB UPRIGHTS). DOES NOT INCLUDE GT STEERING ARMS, BEARING PACK OR LOWER MOUNTS.
CAN BE USED WITH ORIGINAL WISHBONES BUT REQUIRE TAPERED LOWER BALL JOINT MOUNTS.
This fits the following models:
- S2 K SERIES ELISE
- S2 2ZZ EXIGE
- S2 2ZZ ELISE 2004-2011
- VX220 / SPEEDSTER
- LOTUS EUROPA
- LOTUS 2-ELEVEN
- S3 1.6 ELISE 2011-2014
- S2 1ZZ ELISE 2006-2010
- S3 ELISE 2011-2020