Browse by Category
- New Products
- Special Offers
- Discounted Items
- Genuine Lotus Parts
- Chassis & Crash Structures
- Corrosion Inhibitors & Lubricant
- Exterior & Bodywork
- Electrically Operated Parts
- Windscreen Wipers & Washers
- Interior Trim
- Brake System & Ancillaries
- Cylinder Head & Ancillaries
- Engine & Components
- Engine Management & Sensors
- Security & Alarm System
- Gearbox & Drivetrain
- Induction Intake System
- Exhaust System
- Ignition System
- Fuel System
- Heating & Ventilation
- Track + Performance
- Steering + Suspension
- Wheels and Tyres
- Service and Maintenance
- Left Hand Drive Parts
CL Brakes RC6 Brake Pads
Carbone Lorraine make some of the most technologically advanced pads in the world and are becoming more and more popular within the Lotus community .
RC6 Front and Rear Carbone Lorraine Brake Pads for Elise, Exige and VX220 using standard brake calipers but for track use.
This is a full race application pad. Stopping capabilities are of truly amazing levels.
These make no claims to be low squeal or dust but what they do is STOP!! So if you want to REALLY stop your track car then these are for you.
The RC6 Endurance brake pads offer an unmatched low wear rate which can offer a large advantage in 6-24hr endurance racing.
The Carbone Lorraine RC6 Brake pad compound is designed for all race car applications. The RC6 Brake pad compound has an average friction coefficient of μ=0.5 and are very effective from cold, giving excellent initial bite yet will still not deteriorate in braking over 1000 degrees C.
RC6 compound brake pads, like the rest of the Carbone Lorraine range, do not contain any organic compounds. This unique material does not melt or compress when under pressure and high temperature giving a firmer pedal and better brake modulation.
Stopping power from cold on ALL compounds is good, minimal bedding in process is required.
Stopping power is vastly superior than Original Equipment Lotus pads and if you have never used a top quality race derived pad you will be surprised at how much power these provide.
The Carbone Lorraine Brake pad's sintered metal compounds give very high friction coefficients and an outstanding bite, allowing maximum braking pressure to be applied quickly and confidently.
Carbone Lorraine pads offer a consistent high friction coefficient, excellent bite from cold, no fading and need no involved bedding in procedure to achieve maximum performance: only a few moderate stops after install to seat the pads on the rotors.
The full metallic low wear material creates a full metal to metal link to the back plate with no glue used, providing security to 1000 Degrees C. Stable under extremes of temperature, from ice and snow films to 1000 Degrees C.
Sintered metal does not burn and the material is not glued to the back plate, it is brazed creating the mechanical strength of welding.
PLEASE USE A HIGH END FLUID SUCH AS OUR CASTROL SRF WHEN YOU PURCHASE CARBONE LORRAINE PADS!!
1. Simple to bed in and work from cold which instills confidence in cold or wet weather and on race starts.
2. Improved feedback through the brake pedal and easy to modulate, very important with semi slick tyres.
3. Fade resistant braking ~ 1000 degrees.
4. Compounds can be mixed to balance out the unbalanced front & rear brake performance, which can be an issue with the standard Lotus brake system
5. Higher density than other pad types, making it less compressible which results in firmer pedal feel and makes it easier to modulate.
6. High metal content is extremely wear resistant so will last longer on track and race days, even an extra 3 laps will save you time and money.
7. No material is transferred to the disc or from the pad so this is less likely to cause brake judder, the pads virtually are self cleaning.
This fits the following models:
- S1 K SERIES ELISE
- S2 K SERIES ELISE
- S1 EXIGE & MOTORSPORT
- S2 2ZZ EXIGE
- LOTUS 340R
- S2 2ZZ ELISE 2004-2011
- VX220 / SPEEDSTER
- LOTUS EUROPA
- LOTUS 2-ELEVEN
- S3 1.6 ELISE 2011-2014
- S2 1ZZ ELISE 2006-2010
- S3 ELISE 2011-2020