Browse by Category
- New Products
- Special Offers
- Discounted Items
- Genuine Lotus Parts
- Chassis & Crash Structures
- Corrosion Inhibitors & Lubricant
- Exterior & Bodywork
- Electrically Operated Parts
- Windscreen Wipers & Washers
- Interior Trim
- Brake System & Ancillaries
- Cylinder Head & Ancillaries
- Engine & Components
- Engine Management & Sensors
- Security & Alarm System
- Gearbox & Drivetrain
- Induction Intake System
- Exhaust System
- Ignition System
- Fuel System
- Heating & Ventilation
- Track + Performance
- Steering + Suspension
- Wheels and Tyres
- Service and Maintenance
- Left Hand Drive Parts
2-11 Chargecooler System
Reduce your air intake temperatures on your 2-Eleven by up to 70% and add 30+ BHP?
(30+ BHP without a re-map or any other modifications).
We ran a Standard 2-Eleven for 10 minutes on our Rolling Road Dynometer, after 10 minutes the power dropped from 270 BHP to 240 BHP.
We installed our Intercooler system and did the same run, there was zero power loss even after 20 minutes so a gain of 30 BHP.
We have had this kit specifically designed for the Lotus 2-Eleven which uses different shorter pipe runs with the inlet and outlet hoses angled exactly to suit the 2-Eleven.
Even the location of the twin fans takes into account the very low 2-Eleven front clamshell so they will not impede on the front crash structure.
The Lotus 2-Eleven suffers terribly with heat soak into the intercooler, the problem is two-fold:
1) The tiny air to air intercooler is actually mounted above the engine - therefore, the heat rising from the engine soaks into the intercooler.
2) The cold air feed to the intercooler is through a small air scoop in the roof which provides nowhere near enough air flow to take the heat away; this is evident after the intercooler has heat soaked as the temperatures seem to take forever to come back down to a stable level. You can actually feel the effects of this after sitting in traffic- the car immediately feels 'sluggish' as the ECU is detecting the extra heat and it retards the ignition to protect itself from detonation.
We have 2-Eleven customers who tell us that they have problems passing normally aspirated Exiges when the car has been driven hard on track!
The obvious cure to this problem is to use a charge cooler- a water to air intercooler.
A charge cooler kit consists of a charge cooler unit which replaces the standard air to air intercooler; a Bosch water pump feeds the water to an auxiliary cooling radiator in the high air flow area at the front of the car and the water is then pumped back to the alloy header tank which is situated in the engine bay.
The secret behind the EP Tuning charge cooler is that it is not just an intercooler with a water jacket; we have 5 individual alloy water radiator cores inside which give the water 5 even passes of the unit via 90 individual 20mm wide tubes whilst the charged air is passed across literally thousands of alloy fins.
Using this method we greatly increase the contact area between the hot air and the cold water whilst retaining far more air flow capability than the standard intercooler or an intercooler with a water jacket.
This is the same unit we use for our 380 BHP S1.
The water is cooled by a full size pre-radiator which is bolted to the underside of the main engine water radiator and air conditioning condenser.
The New engine cooling fans then bolt to the underside of the pre-radiator; this has a number of advantages including:
1) A huge surface area and capacity.
2)The engine cooling fans also cool the charge cooler water when the car is stationary therefore, eliminating the heat soak issues.
3) The risk of stone damage to the pre-radiator is greatly reduced with the radiator horizontal to the air flow.
4) Cabin air temperatures remain unaffected as the pre-radiator is not in front of the air con air intakes.
EP Tuning 2-Eleven cooling package shown in photos; uprated water radiator; air con and charge cooler pre-rad.
The kit consists of the following parts:
1 x EP Tuning charge cooler
1 x EP Tuning auxiliary radiator
2 x SPAL motorsport cooling fans
2 x Aircon re-mount brackets
1 x Alloy header tank
1 x Bosch Electronic water pump (The larger type that will allow the proper water flow through the charge cooling system).
9m Rubber water hose
All clips, nuts and bolts required.
NOTE Ideally you will also require an EP Tuning main engine water radiator to enable this kit to run to its best advantage .
When purchasing the charge cooler kit we can offer the EP Tuning uprated Cooling Radiator with a 10% discount.
If you wish to take advantage of this offer please contact us after you have looked at the options we offer with the upgraded radiator.
This fits the following models:
- LOTUS 2-ELEVEN