Browse by Category
- New Products
- Special Offers
- Discounted Items
- Chassis & Crash Structures
- Corrosion Inhibitors & Lubricant
- Exterior & Bodywork
- Electrically Operated Parts
- Windscreen Wipers & Washers
- Interior Trim
- Brake System & Ancillaries
- Cylinder Head & Ancillaries
- Engine & Components
- Engine Management & Sensors
- Security & Alarm System
- Gearbox & Drivetrain
- Induction Intake System
- Exhaust System
- Ignition System
- Fuel System
- Heating & Ventilation
- Track + Performance
- Steering + Suspension
- Wheels and Tyres
- Service and Maintenance
- Left Hand Drive Parts
- Genuine Lotus Parts
S1 Rear Uprights Pair (OEM Specification)
This Hub Upright has exactly the same geometry as the Original Equipment Lotus upright so is eligible to be used on race cars that must conform to OEM geometry but is made from Billet aluminium rather than extruded so it is stronger and stiffer.
The hub upright has been designed to facilitate up to 2.0 degrees more camber than the OE so you don't have to shave down your top ball joint carriers or machine material off the already quite weak original upright.
A necessity on road and track use cars especially if running sticky compound tyres as this upright offers a substantial safety feature in that it puts the rear toe link bolt in double sheer. The standard single sheer bolt has been known to fail with disastrous consequences
Eliseparts have been manufacturing uprights for almost 20 years and have developed and improved the design with the help of Lotus Motorsport.
Our GT uprights are installed and raced on over 200 Lotus race and track cars throughout the world.
Many hundreds of hours of testing has been spent on both ours and other race vehicles including several successful entries in the Silverstone 24hr British GP.
This latest design is the ultimate upright for the Road and Track MK1 Elise, S1 Exige and 340R that has to conform to strict geometry regulations as we have improved overall stiffness yet managed to save over 200 grams in weight.
Several companies have tried to emulate these but none offer all of the advantages and simplicity of ours especially at the price.
The complete unit is pre-assembled and benefits include:
1. HARD CLEAR Anodised aluminium dissipates heat better so increases lifespan of Bearings and CV Joint.
2. EN24 Hub Flange.
3. Bump Steer adjustment is much easier and more accurate.
4. Specifically designed and machined for more camber adjustment than original equipment.
5. CNC machined billet aluminium, much stronger but only slightly heavier than the original version.
6. Hard CLEAR Anodised to resist corrosion.
7. Timken Taper Roller Bearings.
8. Sets the rear toe link bolt in double sheer rather than single sheer (MUCH stronger).
9. Caliper Mount Brackets that can accept the standard BREMBO Sliding handbrake caliper OR AP 2 Pot radial calipers
10. Can accept larger Discs and Brake pads.
CAN BE SUPPLIED WITH ALLOY BALL JOINT MOUNTS IF REQUIRED
Our uprights are modular and can use any of our caliper mounts, if you need to change the type of rear caliper at any time you only need to change the brackets rather than the whole unit.
We have three options available:
1. Radial Caliper Mounts which are designed for use with standard front 2 Pot calipers and 290mm Discs.
2. Caliper Extender Brackets which are designed for use with standard rear calipers and 295mm Discs.
3. Standard Brembo Caliper Mounts if you want to retain your standard rear calipers and Brake Discs.
This fits the following models:
- S1 K SERIES ELISE
- S1 EXIGE & MOTORSPORT
- LOTUS 340R