Browse by Category
- Special Offers
- New Products
- Chassis & Crash Structures
- Corrosion Inhibitors & Lubricant
- Exterior & Bodywork
- Electrically Operated Parts
- Windscreen Wipers & Washers
- Interior Trim
- Brake System & Ancillaries
- Cylinder Head & Ancillaries
- Engine & Components
- Engine Management & Sensors
- Security & Alarm System
- Gearbox & Drivetrain
- Induction Intake System
- Exhaust System
- Ignition System
- Fuel System
- Heating & Ventilation
- Track + Performance
- Steering + Suspension
- Wheels and Tyres
- Service and Maintenance
- Left Hand Drive Parts
- Genuine Lotus Parts
S2 / S3 Rear Uprights Pair (OEM Specification)
This Hub Upright has exactly the same geometry as the Original Equipment Lotus upright so is eligible to be used on race cars that must conform to OEM geometry but is made from Billet aluminium rather than extruded so it is stronger and stiffer.
The hub upright itself has been designed to facilitate 2.0 degrees more camber than the OE allows so you don't have to shave down your top ball joint carriers or machine material off the already quite weak original upright.
A necessity on road and track use cars especially if running sticky compound tyres as this upright offers a substantial safety feature in that it puts the rear toe link bolt in double sheer. The standard single sheer bolt has been known to fail with disastrous consequences.
Eliseparts have been manufacturing billet uprights for almost 20 years and in this time we have developed and improved the design with the help of Lotus Motorsport.
Our GT uprights are installed and raced on over 200 Lotus race and track cars throughout the world.
Many hundreds of hours of testing has been spent on both ours and other race vehicles including several successful entries in the Silverstone 24hr British GP.
This latest design is the ultimate upright for the Road and Track S2 / S3 Elise, S2 Exige and 2-11 that has to conform to strict geometry regulations as we have improved overall stiffness yet managed to save over 200 grams in weight.
The complete unit can be supplied pre-assembled and can include the high grade steel BEARING pack with speed / ABS sensors if required.
Several companies have tried to emulate these but none offer all of the advantages and simplicity of ours especially at the price.
The complete unit is pre-assembled and benefits include:
1. Black HARD Anodised aluminium dissipates heat better so increases lifespan of Bearings and CV Joint.
2. Accepts the AP 4 Pot caliper OR the original 2 Pot calipers without the need for a heavy adaptor.
3. Bump Steer adjustment is much easier and more accurate.
4. Specifically designed and machined for more camber adjustment than OE.
5. CNC machined billet aluminium, much stronger but only slightly heavier than OE version.
6. Hard Black Anodised to resist corrosion.
7. Supplied with 6 x specially manufactured high tensile steel cap head bolts.
8. Sets the rear toe link bolt in double sheer rather than single sheer (MUCH stronger).
Bearing Packs not supplied.
SUPPLIED WITH ALLOY BALL JOINT MOUNTS.
Caliper Mount options
1. Standard Brembo Caliper Mounts for use with standard diameter discs.
2. Radial Caliper Mounts for use with 304mm AP Discs.
N.B You will require a Uniball Toe Link Kit for use with these uprights, our kit can be found in the related products below.
This fits the following models:
- S2 K SERIES ELISE
- S1 EXIGE & MOTORSPORT
- S2 2ZZ EXIGE
- S2 2ZZ ELISE 2004-2011
- VX220 / SPEEDSTER
- LOTUS EUROPA
- LOTUS 2-ELEVEN
- S3 1.6 ELISE 2011-2014
- S2 1ZZ ELISE 2006-2010
- S3 ELISE 2011-2020