GT Hub Upright S1 (Rear Pair)
FITS THE FOLLOWING MODELS:
A necessity on track use cars especially if running standard steel hubs or sticky compound tyres.
Eliseparts have been manufacturing billet uprights for over 15 years and in this time we have developed and improved the design with the help of Lotus Motorsport.
Many hundreds of hours of testing has been spent on both ours and other race vehicles including several successful entries in the Silverstone 24hr British GP.
This latest design is the ultimate upright for the Race Track prepared MK1 Elise/Exige/340R as we have improved overall stiffness yet managed to save over 200 grams in weight.
Our GT uprights are installed and raced on over 200 Lotus race and track cars throughout the world.
Vast designing & testing on both ours and race vehicles ,we feel it is the ultimate rear hub for the Elise/Exige or 340R as it addresses several weak points the older steel hubs suffer from and allows lower suspension settings than any other upright available.
The centre hub has been repositioned 16mm higher thus allowing a 16mm drop in ride height without any change in wishbone angle.
This is VERY significant as it keeps the correct wishbone angles and greatly improves low ride height stability.
For example, if you want your vehicle to run at 100mm ride height, this will need a 40mm drop which will change the wishbone angle by up to 5˚ whereas with these uprights that angle will only be 1/2 that at the same ride height.
The hub upright itself has been designed to facilitate 2.5 degrees more camber than the original allows.
The complete unit is pre-assembled and includes a 72mm MOTORSPORT BEARING for strength and longevity, instead of the smaller (68mm) original the larger Motorsport (thicker) drive flanges PLUS longer 12.9 grade steel wheel studs.
You will notice a vast difference in the handling characteristics and your car will be greatly improved with this relatively simple change.
The complete unit is pre-assembled and benefits include:
1. Larger 76mm Motorsport Taper Roller Bearing is used for strength and longevity.
2. Black HARD Anodised aluminium dissipates heat better so increases lifespan of Bearings/CV Joint.
3. Designed to accepts the AP 2 pot caliper (only)
4. Keeps the toe link bolt in double sheer rather than single sheer (MUCH stronger).
5. Rear Bump Steer adjustment is much easier and more accurate.
6. Specifically designed/machined for more camber adjustment than OE.
7. CNC machined alloy, much stronger and lighter than OE steel version.
8 Hard Black Anodised to resist corrosion.
9. Longer 12.9 grade wheel studs.
10.Thicker and stronger Motorsport drive flange.
11. Designed to use 295mm Brake Discs (minimum).
NB* Motorsport AND standard vehicles have the same CV joint splines.
SUPPLIED IN PAIRS (2 COMPLETE REAR HUB UPRIGHTS)
THE CALIPER OFFSET USED IS FOR STANDARD OR OUR AP DISCS
UK 01480 860002
Int. +44 1480 860002
Mon - Fri | 8:30am - 5:30pm
Saturday | 8:30am - 12:30pm