Ultimate Road GT Race Uprights
FITS THE FOLLOWING MODELS:
Our very latest Race Specification Ultimate GT Uprights for highly modified MK2/MK3 Elise and S2 Exige but designed for use on the road.
With this NEW design you can install a radially mounted 2 pot or even 4 pot caliper and the modular 2nd mount will accept the original Brembo sliding caliper to be used purely as a handbrake.
An absolute necessity for Race and Track use cars especially if running low ride height and sticky tyres.
Our GT uprights are installed and raced on over 300 Lotus race and track cars throughout the world including several successful entries in the Silverstone 24hr British GP.
These GT Uprights address several weak points the steel original uprights suffer from and allow lower suspension settings without compromising the wishbone angles.
The centre hub has been repositioned 20mm higher thus allowing up to a 20mm drop in ride height without any change in wishbone angle.
This is VERY significant as it keeps the correct wishbone angles and greatly improves low ride height stability.
For example if you want your vehicle to run at 120mm ride height, this will need a 20mm drop which will change the wishbone angle significantly, with these uprights the wishbone angles will remain unchanged.
The hub upright itself has been also been designed to facilitate 2.0 degrees more camber than the OE allows.
You will notice a vast difference in the handling characteristics and your car will be greatly improved with this relatively simple change.
Several companies have tried to emulate these but none offer all of the advantages and simplicity of ours especially at the price.
1. Clear HARD Anodised 7075 T6 aircraft specification aluminium dissipates heat better so increases lifespan of Bearings/CV Joint.
2. Accepts the AP 4 Pot caliper OR the original 2 Pot front calipers without the need for a heavy adaptor.
3. Rear Bump Steer adjustment is much easier and more accurate.
4. Specifically designed/machined for more camber adjustment than OE.
5. CNC machined from 7075 T6 alloy, stronger, yet no heavier than OE steel version.
6. Hard Clear Anodised to resist wear and corrosion.
7. Drilled M10 to accept AP 4 Pot Brake calipers or the original two pot fronts or our lightweight calipers without the need for an adaptor.
8. Specifically designed to use 304mm brake Discs, you can find our ideal EP Racing Discs here
9. Supplied with 6 x specially manufactured high tensile steel cap head bolts.
10. Sets the rear toe link bolt in double sheer rather than single sheer (MUCH stronger).
SUPPLIED IN PAIRS (2 HUB UPRIGHTS)
DOES NOT INCLUDE BEARING PACK LOWER MOUNTS OR UPPER MOUNTS
CAN BE USED WITH ORIGINAL WISHBONES BUT REQUIRE TAPERED LOWER BALL JOINT MOUNTS
UK 01480 860002
Int. +44 1480 860002
Mon - Fri | 8:30am - 5:30pm
Saturday | 8:30am - 12:30pm